4 replies to this topic

#1 dillanm83

dillanm83

Recruit

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:00 AM

Hey guys!

I managed to get a Minecraft server going without having the need to verify names etc with the actual minecraft user server.
Thus, creating a free server for free "accounts" for people who want to play for free.

Very, very simple really, if anyone wants to run their own Minecraft server, then just follow these instructions.

1) http://www.minecraft.net/download.jsp Visit this link, and head down to the bottom of the page to "Multiplayer beta test software".

2) Okay download the Minecraft Server (Minecraft_Server.exe) and put it anywhere, preferably in a folder on the desktop, or somewhere else easily accessible.

3)Go ahead and run the Minecraft Server.

4) Give it time to do everything it wants to do, then close it.

5)Now, where the Minecraft_Server.exe file was stored, there should be a few more files and stuff. Look for a file called server.properties and open that with notepad, or something like that.

6) Change the line online-mode=true so that it reads online-mode=false

Now it's all done! Give out your IP to who ever you want to join your free game. (:
Also, whoever is hosting a Minecraft Server, if you want to join that server, then just open up your server, open your minecraft client, go to multiplayer, and type in 127.1.1.1 as the host IP address (For whoever wouldn't have figured that out)

Enjoy guys (:

#2 Markopoaso

Markopoaso

Just A Pervert

• Premium Member
  • 688 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:33 PM

yah... u forghot something... port foward... .-. if you dont do it the people cant join to server :D (unless u use hamachi/tunngle)
Want Super Knife and dont got disconected for it :P? Come here
Click Green Button if i help, For more Mods-Hacks and a world whit more hackers (Free NX and If You Hate Justin Beiber :D)
ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu 'uɯɐp

I Maked the post no 99,999 and 100,001 :D

Shoot the ones who can shot you~~ Artiom 2033

#3 -Govna-

-Govna-

God of Boredom

• Administrator
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:29 PM

Lies. You did not find this out, someone else did. I know, cus I read the original post. Thanks for sharing, though. The problem is Port Forwarding, and having a good enough computer to host.
\(・ω・\) Losing (/・ω・)/my mind

#4 ﭏѦƵҊȞѦӁﭏ

ﭏѦƵҊȞѦӁﭏ

Uber Pwning Ninja

• 2,889 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

hmm talking about hosting a server.. is it possible to borrow part of iG4l's server? !

#5 Sabinalu

Sabinalu

Peon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

It's not the port forwarding that doesn't work; it's the server software that can't recognize it. Also, what's the server .jar for?